There's a lot of reasons to have your AC professionally serviced at least once a year. First, it can help your unit run more efficiently, which can save you money on your energy bills. Second, it can catch small problems before they turn into big (and expensive) repairs. And finally, it can help extend the life of your AC unit.
So what's actually included in professional AC service in New Braunfels, TX?
Tasks Included in Air Conditioner Maintenance Service
Here's a quick rundown:
- Cleaning the unit - This includes cleaning the coils, fins, and other parts of the AC unit. This helps the unit run more efficiently and can also help prevent it from overworking and breaking down.
- Changing the filter (if needed) - This is one of the most important parts of AC service in New Braunfels, TX. A dirty filter can cause many problems, including reduced efficiency and increased wear and tear on the unit.
- Inspecting the unit - A professional will inspect your AC unit for any signs of wear and tear. They'll check for leaks, loose parts, and anything else that could be causing problems.
- Checking refrigerant levels - It's important to ensure that your AC unit has the right amount of refrigerant. Too much or too little can cause problems.
- Checking the thermostat - The thermostat is a key part of your AC system, so it's important to make sure it's working properly. A professional can test it to see if it's accurate and, if not, make the necessary adjustments.
- Checking electrical connections - All of the electrical connections in your AC unit need to be tight and free of corrosion. A professional will check them to make sure they're in good condition.
- Inspecting and cleaning the ducts - This is usually offered as a separate service. Nevertheless, it plays a crucial role in keeping your AC in top shape. Properly sealed and insulated ducts can help your AC unit run more efficiently.
What Else Can You Do To Ensure Your AC Stays In Its Best Shape?
In addition to scheduling AC service in New Braunfels, TX every year, there are a few things you can do in between technician's visits that will help keep your air conditioner stay in tip-top shape.
These simple tips can also help you avoid any future issues and costly repairs.
- Check and replace your air filter as needed - Not all air filters can last for a year. So you may have to clean and replace yours when needed. See the manufacturer's instructions to see how often you should change the filters.
- Keep the area around your AC unit clear of debris - Debris such as leaves, dirt, and dust can clog up the inner workings of your AC unit and cause it to overwork itself. Make sure to keep the area around your unit clean and free of any obstructions.
- Give your AC unit a break - During hot summer days, you may be tempted to blast the air conditioning all day long. But it's important to give your AC unit a break every now and then. Turn off the unit for a few hours each day to allow it to rest. This will help prolong its lifespan.
- Be proactive on the repair - When you notice something not working right with your AC unit, don't wait until it's too late to get it fixed. The sooner you address the issue, the better. This will prevent further damage and costly repairs down the road.
By following these simple tips, you can help keep your air conditioner in good shape for years to come.
Call The Right Experts!
If it’s your first time getting AC service in New Braunfels, TX or want to get a better service, consider My Favorite Service Company. They are known for their efforts in making sure customers are happy with their service.
Visit them online or call the team at (830) 581-2390 to learn more about their AC service in New Braunfels, TX.